Let's just say that last week(September 8-13) was one that I never want to repeat! I know I am a little bit late on updating this, but afterwards you might understand why.
It all started on Tuesday morning. I had to be at school at 7:45 am for my first faculty meeting of the regular school year. As I was driving from my house to school, I was on Sugar street which runs behind Sam's Club and by the Smith's warehouse. I heard a funny noise but decided to just ignore it. Bad idea. As I went over the railroad tracks I knew something was seriously wrong. I pulled into Sam's Club and got out of my car to see that my back tire was completely flat and I had been driving on it. I know, I know...why didn't I pull over sooner but I seriously just didn't think about it! I locked up my car and starting running to my school that was still over a mile away. I called my mom and she said she would come, but she was trying to get ready as well. Let's just say I was a little bit, okay really late for my faculty meeting. After the meeting, my principal asked me if everything was okay and I, being the type of person that cries easily, started to tell her about my morning and started crying a little bit. Well, the faculty meeting ended at the same time school was supposed to start so the amazing vice-principal took my class for a few minutes just so I could compose myself again and be ready to teach. At lunch, my mom came and got my key to take to Sam's Club so they could fix my tire. I ended up buying 2 new tires for my car and now they work fabulously!
Wednesday was just kind of a crummy day at school, nothing really went wrong but nothing was exactly amazing either. I had clogging that night which made the day so much more bearable knowing I was going to have some fun that night!
Thursday....wow. Once again, school was a kind of a crazy/hectic day. I had noticed the night before after I got home from clogging that I had a sore on my arm. When I woke up in the morning, it was all gross and full of infection. It also was very hot and had 2 red rings around the sore. Right after school, I went and talked with my principal about a problem that had occured during the day and then I went straight to the doctor. I have some sort of skin infection so now I have to take an oral antibiotic and put a topical cream on it until it heals.
Friday was just a long day. After school, I had a meeting about something called Responsive Schools. We have to collect a bunch of data about each of our students and compile it into a more meaningful way. I left the meeting with my head swimming and not sure of how I was going to tackle this monster of a task. I worked on lessons and grading papers until 7 and then I headed home. When I got home, I had no energy to do anything...so I didn't! :)
Saturday was the ending to my no good, horrible, bad week. I took my car to get the emmissions and inspection done so I could register my car. Yep, you guessed...my car didn't pass. There was some weird link broken and I had to replace it before I could register my car for the upcoming year. After they told me this wonderful news, the mechanic walked back in and said, (direct quote) "It is going to be a few more minutes. We cross threaded your lugnuts on your tire." I proceeded to ask which tire and when he told me that it was the back tire, boy did I let him have it. So they fixed it and I came home and my dad took off my tire to replace the link only to find they had completely ruined my lugnuts so they wouldn't even go back on my tire. Let's just say that Saturday was a pretty awful ending to that week!
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment