I honestly can't believe that the first term of school has ended! I spent all day yesterday doing grades and making sure they reflected what my students earned. The hardest part about putting grades together is the citizenship, or what they call behavior grades now. I have a choice between a 1-4, with 4 being the absolute best. Some of my students it was really easy to figure out what they should receive, but others were not so easy. But enough of the boring stuff! This should be about life!
Between teaching and planning lessons, I don't have a whole lot of time or energy to do much else. But, I have done some fun things since being home. I have gotten a lot more involved in my singles ward and the activities that they do. On Thursdays, a large group of people get together and play volleyball and so I try to make time to go to that. Institute is on Tuesday nights, but I have an ESL class almost every Tuesday and so I am unable to make it. Wednesday's I have clogging practice in Morgan. I am so happy that I have the opportunity to be clogging again. I don't think I could ever describe to anyone how much I have missed clogging on a team! It is seriously kicking my behind right now though! There is all this new toe work that I haven't done and I am not so good at. :( I have a competition on Saturday that I am totally unprepared for, so I have got a lot of work to do this week that's for sure.
I have also gone on a couple of dates that were super fun! One, we made cookies, played games, and then doorbell ditched some cookies to my date's neighbor. Another date, we went bowling-which I am completely awful at by the way!, got ice cream-3rd times the charm right?, and watched Madagascar. I had a really great time and the people I was with are the greatest! Last night was Halloween and I went to a dance at the Weber State Institute building with a couple of friends. We stayed for quite awhile and then decided to go back and play a game. It was a different Halloween than I was used to, but I had a great night and realized that I am totally out of the college scene now. Talk about rude awakening right there!
Today, I was supposed to be planning lessons for my crazy busy week, but instead I have been laying in bed sick. I just woke up this morning and did not feel good. I thought I might be starting to get sick on Thursday morning, especially when I woke up and could hardly move. But, hopefully I get feeling better tomorrow so I can be well rested and prepared for this next crazy week of teaching 4th grade!
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I think that is FANTASTIC you are still clogging. I remember I tried it for a year once and it was so much work! Me, being the lazy sort, didn't stick with it though. lol
Hi! I stumbled upon your blog and had to comment! I am also a fourth grade teacher so I can relate to a lot in this post! I hope you don't mind if I come back to visit! It's nice to see other teachers in my same area!
Post a Comment