CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

I'm Back!

So I seriously think that I am the worst blogger in the whole world! I planned on blogging at least once a week, but as you can see that has turned to one blog per month. I have no good excuse to why I haven't blogged either. I waste too much time doing other things of no value when I should be doing things like planning lessons, correcting papers, running, practicing clogging, etc. With the new year starting, I have made some goals that I think will help keep me on track. For those of you that care.....my goals are as follows
( in no particular order :P ):
1. Blog once a week.
2. Plan lessons at school not at home.
3. Keep up to date on grading papers and entering scores.
4. Be more social.
5. Run more
consistently.
6. Eat healthier. In college, I was actually pretty good. Living at home and not choosing what is for dinner has not been very good to me. :(
7. Practice clogging. I have not danced
competitively in about 3 years so I feel like I am really struggling with learning the dance and trying to choreograph a solo for competitions.
8. Look for the positive in all situations. I sometimes get in a rut where I am too hard on myself or the situation. I need to be more positive and upbeat. I don't know what my problem is!

Well that's it for the goals as of now. We will have to see how I do on goal number 1. I have a feeling it is going to be a struggle the entire year!

A little update on my life for the past 2 months. I enjoyed teaching up to December 18. Then I was ready for a break. I don't know if it was because my students were super excited for Christmas or if I was more excited to go to Hawaii. I left for Hawaii on the morning of the 19th. We flew to Oahu and stayed until Saturday afternoon. We went on a 7-day cruise to Muaui, Hilo, Kona, Kuai, and back to Oahu. We stayed for a couple days after that and returned on New Year's Eve day. It was super fun and I would LOVE to go back soon! I will post pictures later when we fix our computer where they are. After getting back, I went to a party at a friend's house for New Years. It was super fun to be with friends. I don't think I realize often enough the wonderful people in my life! We started school again this Monday. My students were not ready to be back and neither was I! But we are doing it! It has been a little bit of a rough beginning but I think the week is ending quite well.

I think that is a pretty good summary of my life! News of the day!!! I now have a SECOND job! Another teacher at my school runs a tutoring business and needs someone to tutor a student in Algrebra 2. She asked me if I could do it on Wednesday and I said yes. Well....this morning she told me she now has a 4th grade student that is starting to come and possibly a pre-calc student that would all be mine to tutor. So now I am teaching full time and everything that that comes with, trying to have a social life....haha......clogging, and now tutoring 3 hours for sure but possibly 5 hours every week! This is seriously an answer to many prayers! I have been wondering what I could do to earn some extra money so I could move out of my parent's house. I also have been trying to figure out what to do over the summer. I am a planner. I can't not plan....it drives me crazy!! But tutoring will go through the summer. Yay!! It is going to be busy but oh well! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Rachel Lacy said...

Wow good luck! I can't imagine tutoring for math! You are working so hard...makes me jealous! I'm still stuck in school and you're out there working as a professional! Keep posting! lol I know its hard..I think I'm the worst poster in the world...

Jessie, Garan, and Sammy said...

I love the update! I'm glad you're back and I'll check here often... or I'll just call you! :)