One competition over, two more to go. It was so fun competing with a team again! I haven't competed with a team for 3 years, crazy I know. We took first place with all of our team dances, but I definitely need to work really hard on all of them. I made some pretty dumb mistakes, like turning our board the wrong direction so when I picked it up the R was upside down. Since I haven't been clogging for a long time, my endurance is not where I would like it to be. It has gotten better since August, but it is no where near where I would like it to be. I am hoping by the time of nationals, I will be able to do the pro standing line. I also did 3 solo's at the competition and received 2nd place on all of them. I, once again, made some silly mistakes. I don't know what my deal is with clogging this year. Usually I am okay, but I am really struggling this year for some reason. Hopefully I get over it sometime soon! I went up on Friday with Firetap to practice our dances and had an awesome time. I seriously love our team. We have had some great times. As soon as Amanda decides to share, I will put some pictures on here of our weekend.




Now an update on the rest of my life. I plan lessons/grade papers, teach, practice, sleep, eat, and sometimes play with friends. This is the exact order from the one that takes the most time to the one that rarely happens. But I love life! I found a quote a couple of Sunday's ago that has really changed my attitude about things. It says, "Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you have decided to look beyond the imperfections." I have just found this really true in my life. I can definitely say that I am happy right now! I did go to the jazz game with some friends and I only have one picture that turned out. So I will post it for now and wait to get the other ones and then put them up here. But this is my life in a nutshell as of right now!

3 comments:
Finally!!! Ha ha... I have no room to talk. Way to go with the competitions and I enjoyed reading the order of your life! :) The pics are very cute by the way!
oh how wonderful to hear from you, and what a surprise! i'm glad to hear all is going well! that is so cool that you're clogging, is that right? how fun!!!
I think it's so awesome your still clogging Emily!! I'm jealous! I miss it so much! I'm at work so the videos don't work, but I can't wait to go home and watch them :)
Post a Comment