CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring Break

As a kid, I never realized how great Spring break was. When I got into high school, I realized that Spring break was just long enough to tease you that summer was still several weeks away. Then college changed everything! I got so used to getting out of school right now and not going back until the beginning of September. For my last year of college I went straight through from September until July, but it really wasn't that bad. I felt like from April to July flew by because we were so busy with student teaching and exploring a new temporary home of Las Vegas. It is a year ago today that I walked at graduation at BYU-Idaho. Seriously....I don't know how it all happened so fast!As a teacher, Spring Break is a necessity!! It has been so fabulous to not have to really do anything or be anywhere at a certain time. I am finally all caught up on grading papers and entering scores, lesson plans, tv shows, and I re-discovered my love of reading! I love the break and it has gone by so fast; I can't imagine what summer break will be like! I seriously love teaching, but it has been nice to have a break and gear up for these next 8 weeks with my crazy 4th graders.


There is so much going on between now and when school gets out that I think the time will just fly on by. We have FOUR fieldtrips planned starting on this Thursday, CRT testing, county reports, AR bounce party, and 2 clogging competitions. Seriously, I don't know where the time has gone. I feel like we just barely started the school year and it is already almost over. I guess that means I am still a total nerd and enjoy school so the time flies quickly. :)

3 comments:

Rachel Lacy said...

lol I love how excited you and Jessie were for Spring Break! I think you deserve the break. I lovev hearing about your class...its so crazy to me that people my age are teachers! You're all grown up and professional! Can't wait to see you at Miss's shower in a week.

Aaron and Katrina said...

Hey Em! How are you? I'm so glad I found your blog! I can't believe you are teaching, that's awesome! Good luck with the rest of the school year!

kylie said...

congrats! ahhh love the little childrens!