I started my reading endorsement last fall taking 2 classes each semester. This summer, the district offered 2 classes that would allow me to finish up my reading endorsement quite quickly. I started one class the week after school got out. It ran Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 8:30-4 for two weeks. It was a marathon of a class, but I loved the teacher, content and people in the class. I started another class and it has gone every Thursday and some Fridays. We have this week off and it will finally end on July 22. I am not enjoying this class at all! It is entitled Children’s Literature, yet we are reading junior high and high school novels. It is way frustrating!!
Other events of the summer:
~Attending Title 1 Principal Leadership seminar June 15-17 in Salt Lake from 8-4:30. The presenter is nationally recognized researcher on explicit instruction. She was very entertaining, but I was so exhausted from my first reading class.
~Teaching at Davis School District Title 1 Conference. I was recommended and asked to teach 4 different sessions at the conference. Between reading endorsement classes and principal leadership meetings, I could only attend the planning day for one of the sessions. I taught the session on Practice and Homework integrating technology. I was so stressed and nervous about presenting to other teachers. They can be so intimidating! I believe it went well and may or may not do it all over again next year.
~Going to lunch with my best friend. We never see each other anymore! It is always a fun time catching up and chatting about our lives.
~Wedding dress shopping and planning with Heidi.
~Fourth of July fun with my mom’s side of the family. It is always a crazy time! We didn’t end up going to the high school for fireworks that night. Who needs that when our my backyard we can see Davis, the golf course and our neighbor’s two houses up who had AMAZING fireworks. They were definitely not legal cake fireworks.
Update about the next 365 days list:
Completed my Level 1 portfolio and advance to my Level 2 teaching license. I paid the money, but have yet to print my new license. Oh well.
Went on a cruise to the Eastern Caribbean over Spring Break. Pictures will be coming sometime in this life.
Made the All-American team again
Britt this will make you happy…… I am once again teaching Relief Society. I got about a 4 month break since being released in the Davis Park Ward, forced to changed wards L and now am teaching in the Kaysville YSA Ward. We’ll see if that means the blog gets updated more often.




2 comments:
This better mean that you'll supply more updates ;-) I'm grateful you love me enough to mention me in your blog!
Cute new blog!
Post a Comment