Another example: When I told my students I would be missing the last day before Christmas vacation, they wanted to know where I was going. I told them I was going to Hawaii with my family. Well the next day, I had several students which were not in my class, asking me who my fiance was. My students had gone and told the others that I was going to Hawaii on my honeymoon. I just laughed about it and told them the real story. WELL...this was fine and dandy until I had a parent ask me about my "honeymoon" to Hawaii. Seriously...where do they get it from.
And now, my favorite and most recent example. Last Thursday, we were talking about something, I can't even remember what. The student who is convinced I have a son, piped up with this little treasure. "You have to be married to be a teacher!" I looked at him and said, "Oh, since I'm not married that means I'm really not a teacher?" I had almost the entire class start talking and defending me. I had one little boy raise his hand and said, "Miss Cooper, you don't have to worry. Someday your Prince Charming will come and find you, sweep you off your feet, marry you, and you will live happily ever after." I seriously wanted to cry! He was so sweet and sincere about it. Gotta love it. Sometimes I love them to pieces and other times it is a little bit harder. But it is moments like this that make me appreciate the time that I spend teaching and helps me to realize that I am doing what I am supposed to in my life right now and those other things will happen when they are supposed to. Even if I don't like the timing of everything!




No comments:
Post a Comment