CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 27, 2009

So it has been quite some time....

I have fallen off the blogging wagon! Life has been pretty crazy and I will be doing a real update soon-ish. :)

I have been working on preparing my lesson for Relief Society all week long. I received this calling about a month ago and have been nervously waiting/dreading the fourth Sunday of the month. It's not that I don't like to teach, because that is what I do 5 days a week. But there is something totally different about teaching my peers, rather than young children. Especially when I don't feel like I am the most knowledgeable person when it comes to the scriptures. But this is not a complaining post. I found this little quote as I was preparing and I decided that it is the only reason I am going to survive! It says:


"You did not come into the world to fail. You came into the world to succeed. You have accomplished much so far. It is only the begin
ning. As you move forward on the trail of life, keep the banner of faith in self ever before you. You may not be a genius. You may not be exceptionally smart. But you can do good, and you can try. And you will be amazed at what might happen when in faith you take a step forward."


I am taking a giant leap out of my comfort zone and am keeping this in my mind as I continue to prepare my lesson for Sunday. Keep looking for a "real" update (even with pictures!) to be coming sometime soon.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Yay Emily updated her blog!! ;) I check back faithfully...every three weeks or so. Teaching Relief Society in a singles ward has been my most favorite calling I've ever had. That quote is beautiful. It's true. If we walk into it with the intent to accomplish whatever good Heavenly Father would have us do, He will magnify our efforts!! I miss you.

Jessie, Garan, and Sammy said...

I'm sure your lesson went fabulous! I miss you! We'll have to chat sometime soon! Love ya!