CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 24, 2009

My Monthly Post

I don't know what it is about planning my lesson for relief society, but I always tend to think about updating my blog when I am supposed to be planning. Oh well.... at least you all will get an update at the end of every month!

Let's start where I left off on my last real update-which happens to be back in July. My school had major construction going on this summer which of course trickled into when school was starting. We received new paint on the exterior, new main office, a new principal, new doors, and my favorite-new windows! During the summer, the construction crew took out the slanted ceiling in my room and replaced ceiling tiles and the sheet rock above the window. I swear to you I would go in an clean my room because they were "finished" but no way. The very next day they would do something else to stir up all the dust again. For a while, I was missing two of my window pieces in each set of windows. When we started the school year off the windows had just barely been put in, but we didn't have blinds anymore. My classroom windows face east, so we received lots of hot sunshine every morning. I made some make-shift curtains so we could at least semi-function in the mornings.

I also started the school year out with 17 students in the morning, and then 44 in the afternoon. 44...are you freakin' kidding me?? It was like a 3 ring circus in my room. It was super hot and sweaty with 44 little bodies as well as a special ed aid and myself. This last for about a month, when my principal (love her to pieces by the way!) listened to what I had to say and we hired another part time 4th grade teacher. Now there would be 2 full 4th grade classes all day long instead of one and a half. So currently I have 19 of my own students and then I have 9 special education students join us in the afternoon for science and social studies- for a grand total of 28.

I am getting used to this new group of students. I don't know what it is, whether it was the rough beginning or trying to figure out the personality of this class, but it has been a harder year than last year. I love these students, but it is just not the same as last year and I don't think I will ever have a group that is the same year after year. That is pretty much the update with teaching but I have to leave you with this little gem of a picture. I take random pictures of my class and didn't see this picture until I downloaded it off my camera tonight.

On to my life outside of school:
September I really didn't do anything outside of the ordinary. In October, a group of people (mainly from my single's ward) got together and made haunted houses. Here is mine-with some help from
Lance and Erik. On Halloween night, I went to a friend's house for a party. We hung out, ate food, played scum on the pool table and watched "Signs". All in all a way fun night-minus the movie. Scary movies, Emily, and past midnight do not mix well at all!

In November, I didn't do a whole lot with friends, but we did a lot as a family. We went out to eat with my family, aunt, and grandparents for my grandpa's birthday. Sometimes when I am in public places with this crew, I wonder if I am adopted or not! :)


















That is my life up to this month. I will post about December after Christmas. Things to look for: chopped my hair off, masquerade ball, and Christmas with the family!

3 comments:

Jessie, Garan, and Sammy said...

I'm loving the updates! Keep them coming! It was great to see you! Hopefully I'll see you again sooner than later! Merry Christmas!

Brittney said...

Gloria's using me this Tuesday and Wednesday as her substitute... I am excited to see you!! Hope you had a good Christmas. I'm excited to see your hair!

Rachel Lacy said...

OOO I want to see your hair! Will you post a picture? Hope you had a great Christmas!