January
This must have been a great start to the year! I really can’t think of anything that was of importance that happened in January. I spent New Year’s Eve with my parents, aunt and uncle and my cousin’s family playing games.
February
Wow….I can’t really figure out anything!! This might have been easier to do if I had actually taken pictures and written in a journal. Oh well, learning from my mistakes right now.
I did host a baby shower for Jess at the end of February. It was fun to get together with some gals that I hadn’t seen for quite some time.
March
My best friend had her super cute baby.
We had our first competition as a new team at Thanksgiving Point. We did well, but always find things to work on.
Finished my ESL endorsement (Hallelujah!)
April
My ward had the opportunity to sing hymns on the sidewalk in front of the conference center. The Church organizes wards to sing for each of the times people are walking in front of the Conference Center. It was an amazing experience even though we were all freezing! We then were able to attend the Saturday afternoon session of General Conference.
Springfest clogging competition
As a super activity committee, we headed out to Jackson Hole, Wyoming to plan out the super activity. This was an adventure-to say the least. They still had quite a bit of snow and there may have been some breaking and entering happening at the camp we were going to stay at. Quote of the trip, “Idn’t nice?
May
Please imagine if you will: Around 50 fourth grade students plus chaperones and teachers pulling handcarts in the POURING rain at “This is the Place Heritage Park”.
Western Nationals Clogging competition. We put together an accappela routine just a few weeks before the competition and we ended up taking the MVP team award for it! We were pretty excited. I also made the All-American team for the 5th year in freestyle.
June
Took classes and went to CORE Academy
Volunteered with at the Farmington Festival Days. Attended the Colors concert at the festival days.
Action in Jackson: We had our ward super activity. We went white water rafting down the freezing cold Snake River; swam at the Rec center; had a huge dance and Minute to Win It games; played; and had wonderful firesides with our bishopric and stake presidency.
July
4th of July fun with family and friends.
Bonfire in Mountain Green
Chopped my hair off again-I have a problem. I let it grow and then cut it short. This is a recent development.
August
All-Around Solo clogging camp-Talk about cramming clogging dances down your throat! I remember 3 out of the 5!
Went to Lagoon with friends. Several of us hadn’t ridden rides at Lagoon for 8 years so it was a fun time. Tyler and I had to work in the morning so we met everyone else there later in the day.
Took classes
Turned 23
Started my 3rd year of teaching
September
Launch party for Pikture That!
New bedroom set
Started 2 graduate classes for my reading endorsement. I learned a lot during these classes, but it was way overwhelming to try to teach, take classes, clog, munch and mingle co-chair, and teach relief society. Social life kinda went down the drain at this point.
October
I received an email from BYU-I asking if they could sent some professors to visit my classroom. I was excited and nervous the day that they came. Sister Hawkers-who I loved and Sister Kay-who scared the daylights out of me, came to my class. I think it went well. One of my students asked them why they weren’t wearing black robes. Harry Potter on the mind, no?
Went to Las Vegas over UEA with some friends. We stayed at the MGM Signature. We swam, shopped, walked the strip several times, sample Coke from around the world, and went to Phantom of the Opera.
Jan Brett Presentation-I had to go to this for my reading endorsement class. She drew a cool illustration as she was talking about her new book, “The Three Little Dassies”.
November
Thanksgiving with the family. We went to Provo and saw Tangled and ate at Village Inn on Thanksgiving Day. That Saturday we went to my Grandma’s for a more traditional Thanksgiving.
My dad and I ventured to Walmart for Black Friday. I haven’t ever done that before and I don’t think I ever want to again! It was absolutely crazy and we didn’t even get what we were going for. We did end up with some other purchases though.
December
Our school was scheduled to have the Laytones come and perform for us, but they called and cancelled on us. I decided to head up a sing-along for our entire school. Headache! Each grade level needed to choose a song and practice however they wanted. I purchased karaoke versions for them to practice and perform with. Most the grade levels were fine and easy to work with, but there are always some that make things difficult. I knew some of the teachers would not be supportive, but I figured this really was for the students and not the teachers.
Christmas Break! Sinus infection-again. Relaxed. Did nothing for work. Went to a regional activity at the Syracuse Fun Center until 1 am. Cut my hair-again.
Christmas with the family. Gave/received some fun gifts. Played lots of card games and made cookies.
New Years: The night started out pretty slow and I wasn’t sure it was going to be any fun. Later, I went to the University of Utah Institute party with the one and only, Hailey. If I could dance and not be/feel awkward it would have been better. There were crazy amounts of people there but it was pretty fun.
Went to a party in Cottonwood Heights with my friend Marci. I met some fun people and hopefully will run into them again.
Wow. That was a novel and a half!










2 comments:
Ok... a few things!
I've been waiting for this forever! Keep posting. I love it! Also I'm so happy that I made the list. Finally, I love you and am so happy I get to see you tonight. :)
Brittney's list
June 2010
Went to Colors concert two weeks early. They weren't there.
Post a Comment